Monday, September 26, 2005

ready, set, go!

Yes, it's a new blog! I'd been posting on Greatest Journal (OK, I posted twice) and then Zh. lost her entire gallery. I was terrified that it might happen to me too, so I stopped posting there, and have only now gotten around to starting up a new blog.

Now, the good stuff! Here are a few things I've made recently:




These were for a lemon-lime swap on a yahoo group I belong to. I painted a lemon-lime abstract with acrylics and watercolours on watercolour paper, then used matte medium to collage tissue over the original painting. Then I painted over the collaged tissues. I was trying this technique for the first time, and I'm pleased with how it came out.



Here's a Japanese deco I made for another yahoo group. It's card covered in chiyogami, cut into the shape of a kimono (duh) and held closed with an "obi" made of three layers of paper. The pages inside are pretty small, maybe 2 inches by 4 inches, but I love this deco anyway.

5 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I love the Chiyo you used on the Kimono!!! It is my favorite - and the kimono is so neat!! I also love how the lemon-lime piece turned out -- I'm going to have to try that technique!! They are beautiful, great job! : ) Heather

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger nici said...

Beautiful stuff! I am now craving key lime pie....

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Altered Thoughts said...

So pretty. I love kimono's and sari's. What a lovely theme those would be.

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger ptichka said...

heather, I love that chiyo too. I have quarter-sheets of it in 2 different greens and also in pink, I love it so. and thank you all for the nice comments. whee!

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger altermyworld said...

Oh that is simply beautiful!! Great work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home